Monday, October 23, 2017

One card and a few words

I received a PWE from my great trading partner from the Great white north, the man who always delivers on the more obscure Blue Jays sets and players : Richard . He's also a great source for me to learn about pre-war Candian players and the history of baseball as played in Canada.

In it, a single card, but a very cool one. Richard is trying to put together a complete 1994 Collector's Choice Gold signature set, so if you have any to spare, I'm sure he'd love to hear from you ! Anyway, he came across a duplicate of his favorite player and I was very happy that he thought of me to send it over. I only have a handful of those, but each time I receive one, I'm reminded at how awesome that parallel is. It's quite easy to find really cheap boxes (though for me, with shipping, a $7 box will cost me $50) which makes it interesting to try and complete at least the silver signatures set.


Thanks, Richard !

5 comments:

  1. 24 years ago today Joe hit the second world series ending home run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this would've been such a perfect way to start my post...didn't realize that !

      Delete
  2. The Silver Signatures parallels set would be a fun build. A while back I remember coming across a guy who had some of these in his dime box. Not sure if it was this exact year though. My guess is you can probably find some cheap starter lots on eBay. The Gold Signature set is a completely different story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, you're absolutely right...especially considering the big checklist, which makes finding a particular player all the more difficult

      Delete
  3. Sweet! A collection of silver would be pretty sweet, gold is super impressive!

    ReplyDelete